Problems with *Metropolis*

* Technical questions about the grid, servers and viewers
* Technische Fragen über das Grid, Server und die Viewer

Problems with *Metropolis*

Beitragvon frost » So 15. Nov 2015, 11:21

Translate to English translate to German Translate to French Translate to Italian Translate to Spanish Translate to Portuguese Translate to Czech Перевести на русский язык 翻译成中国

Huhu,

I keep having issues with *Metropolis*. I know it is running a test version of opensim, so i'm reporting my issues in case anyone is interested.

First of all, when I log in to metropolis and select 'Home' as location on the login screen, the login will often fail. Sometimes it works.

Whenever I am at *Metropolis* and I want to teleport out to avatarfest.net:6000, it often takes ages and then the teleport fails. After that, I can't teleport anywhere (including local metropolis regions). I need to relog.

When i go to region 'Linkwater' in metropolis, and teleport from there, no problems and I am at avatarfest within seconds.

- Tom
frost

Re: Problems with *Metropolis*

Beitragvon Lena Vanilli » So 15. Nov 2015, 12:58

Translate to English translate to German Translate to French Translate to Italian Translate to Spanish Translate to Portuguese Translate to Czech Перевести на русский язык 翻译成中国

Hi Tom,

what is your "Home" at the Metro? When I login to *Metropolis* it takes appr. 2 to 3 seconds. When I teleport to avatarfest.net:6000 its even faster: less than 2 seconds. Did you try it with an empty cache?

I am using Firestorm.

Hugs,
Lena
Alles wird gut!
Lena Vanilli
Administrator

Beitragvon Sheera Khan » So 15. Nov 2015, 14:33

Ohoooo Lena!!!!!

Lena auf dem Firestorm? Wow! Dass ich das noch erleben darf ^^

*giggles*

Sheera

/me denkt: "Ob's da bald Admin Klamöttchen in Mesh gibt?"
AUS! Bööööse Miezekatze!!!!
Sheera Khan

Beitragvon frost » So 15. Nov 2015, 16:50

Hi Lena,

Lena Vanilli hat geschrieben:
what is your "Home" at the Metro? When I login to *Metropolis* it takes appr. 2 to 3 seconds. When I teleport to avatarfest.net:6000 its even faster: less than 2 seconds. Did you try it with an empty cache?

I am using Firestorm.

I'm also using firestorm. I have my home region still on the default, so it is *Metropolis*.

It seems to be intermittent though. Because i just logged in (to Home) and it worked without issues and quite fast indeed.

Also going to avatarfest took only a few seconds.

I'll keep trying - maybe it is something on my end, who knows... But you know how it goes, if something is updated or changed, everything is blamed on the update or change :)

Thanks!

Tom
frost

Beitragvon Ska Skaduwee » So 15. Nov 2015, 18:28

@Sheera mal sehen wie lange der firestorm (noch) (ueber)lebt, das dingens hat letztens 2 gb ram gefressen und mein pc stand fuer sekunden still :shock: und das ohne plugins
Ska Skaduwee

Beitragvon frost » Mo 16. Nov 2015, 20:27

Just now had the issue again. Tried to login to *Metropolis*, failed twice. Then changed login location to Linkwater and no problem logging in..
frost

Beitragvon dubstep7bozo » Do 9. Sep 2021, 11:49

Thanks to the author for writing the post, it was quite necessary for me and liked it. I wrote a note on the uk essay help about this. I will be happy if you read it and accept it. Thank you for your concern.
dubstep7bozo

Zurück zu Technical Support / Technische Unterstützung