Can't connect to Server

* Technical issues about Simulators
* Technische Fragen zu Simulatoren

Can't connect to Server

Beitragvon Impresario » Di 20. Sep 2016, 03:54

Translate to English translate to German Translate to French Translate to Italian Translate to Spanish Translate to Portuguese Translate to Czech Перевести на русский язык 翻译成中国

I just upgraded my router. I carefully checked and re-checked the port forwarding settings:

Port 9000 OpenSim
Ports 8000-8006 OpenSim
Ports 9051-9054 My Regions

I can sign on to a lot of SIMs, but not my own (9051-9054). When I try I get the following message:

Could not Teleport. Service Request Failed: Invalid URI: Invalid Port Specified.

This all worked on my last router. Anyone have any ideas?
Impresario

Re: Can't connect to Server

Beitragvon Eryn Galen » Di 20. Sep 2016, 11:35

Translate to English translate to German Translate to French Translate to Italian Translate to Spanish Translate to Portuguese Translate to Czech Перевести на русский язык 翻译成中国

Hi, have you tried if someone else can get there?
If so, it might be a router where NAT loopback is not enabled or it might be set to disabled permanently. For the second there is a Windows tool if you are on Windows. Not sure for Linux or MAC.
If no one can get there, try to reach the port via a tool like canyouseeme.org to check if the ports are indeed open. If you have more than one computer within your network, you might need to still forward the ports to the right computer in the network.
Hope any of this helps. Eryn
Eryn Galen

Beitragvon Kareen-Says » Di 20. Sep 2016, 12:32

Hello,

Please could you check if the ports on your router are open with TCP and UDP?

Also, you can have a look here : https://hypergrid.org/metropolis/wiki/en/index.php?title=NAT_Loopback_Router

Hope it will help.
Kareen
I don’t regret the things I’ve done, I regret the things I didn’t do when I had the chance.
Kareen-Says

Beitragvon Impresario » Di 20. Sep 2016, 16:35

Thank you for your responses.

Yes, I do believe this is a NAT issue (a return of one of my old problems). I can get to my region from another network.

I don't know why the problem disappeared for quite a while but got re-triggered by changing routers. I've put the old router back in and it now has the NAT problem as well. Weird!

Thanks again. The canyouseeme tool was very useful in confirming I couldn't see 800-8006, 9051-9054.

Mike
Impresario

Beitragvon Eryn Galen » Di 20. Sep 2016, 18:42

There are routers where NAT can be enabled. Please check the manual on how to do that as there are literally thousands of routers out there.
Eryn Galen

Beitragvon Impresario » Mi 21. Sep 2016, 00:08

Actually, I found another way around the problem.

I subscribed to a VPN service, which hides my IP address. It seems that NAT can't tell where the access came from because of the IP address change.

Working fine now and offers better security for me since everything leaving my PC is encrypted.
Impresario

Beitragvon Eryn Galen » Mi 21. Sep 2016, 08:52

Yes that is actually a good way. However, since most of those services have changed to paid ones, its usually not free.
Eryn Galen

Beitragvon janaobst » Mo 17. Aug 2020, 16:52

Kareen-Says hat geschrieben:Hello,

Please could you check if the ports on your router are open with TCP and UDP?

Also, you can have a look here : https://hypergrid.org/metropolis/wiki/en/index.php?title=NAT_Loopback_Router

Hope it will help.
Kareen

thank you, I found a solution to my question!
janaobst

Zurück zu OpenSim Server