After switching to Windows 10 (a decision i've regretted for a number of reasons), I can no longer log into my regions. I remember having this issue in Win 7 and installing a NAT Loopback adapter, but when I attempt to run that batch file now I get an error (something about a bad directory and not being Windows NT).
I also attempted to activate the Win 10 loopback adapter, but this had no effect.
I have the same problem some day ago. But the resolution was very nice: it was not a problem of win 10. In the last days my provider change to IP6, so i dont get a IP4 adress any more. After a support call they change back.
It seems, that the IPv6 problem becomes more and more important. Maybe, USA has so much IPv4 addresses that there is no interest in modern internet, but in asia, developing countries and actually also in Europe it becomes difficult for end users to get IPv4 addresses. My provider in Germany has switched to IPv6 more than a year ago... (My regions are on a rented server in a computing centre, with exactly one IPv4. For each additional IPv4 I would need to declare the technical reason according to the so called RIPE guidelines. On that server I have a complete IPv6 subnet as default.)
https://hyperweb.eu => Server-Tutorial für Linux mit OpenSim, konfigurierter OpenSim Arriba Binärdownload!
Maybe for a bit of clarification: Impresario and myself tested extensively one evening and it looks like NAT is to blame. His router cannot do the loopback and the tools that are available ot aredescribed do not have the desired effect. Like he said: the tool creates an error and the Microsoft internal one seems to have no effect even though we enabled it. Does maybe someone know of a workaround? It might be important to say that Impresario has a static IP through a dynDNS service.
I have just been through a similar situation, having converted from Windows 7 to Windows 10 for my server machine. I also have to use a software NAT loopback because my router does not provide NAT loopback.
I have it working - I found that using DHCP to allocate an IP address for the network adapter resolved my problem - as soon as I switched to trying to use a fixed IP address (which I want) the server failed to communicate but gave no errors.
Zak's NAT loopback setter works fine on Windows 10.
I will continue investigating how to get it working with a fixed (internal) IP address, but for the moment I am just glad to know that something works ;-
I had to allow DHCP to allocate 'dynamic' IP address - I set the use DHCP option in the adapter settings - as it happens my system is pretty much stable, and so even using DHCP my server machine IP address has not changed, if it does I have to reset the port-forwards in my router.