RESOLVED - Unable to start sim in my previous sim's location

* Technical issues about Simulators
* Technische Fragen zu Simulatoren

RESOLVED - Unable to start sim in my previous sim's location

Beitragvon AndrewLane » Mo 18. Jan 2016, 08:02

Translate to English translate to German Translate to French Translate to Italian Translate to Spanish Translate to Portuguese Translate to Czech Перевести на русский язык 翻译成中国

So I had a sim running on my spare computer which was running a Deb Linux distro. It eventually got to the point where the OS just wouldn't like the network adapter anymore so I dumped Linux for Windows. Without thinking, I didn't save my folder that OpenSim was in and I reformatted my hard disk and installed the new OS (I didn't lose anything mega important, thankfully). Well, I got MySQL and the server software all setup but whenever I put in the coordinates I previously had for my region, I get the following error.

Code: Alles auswählen
21:56:10 - [GRID CONNECTOR]: Registration failed: Region location is overlapped by existing varregion Neuanzere/d9bbb152-ed89-453c-96e1-b98adfd1a42e at <8086,8086> when contacting http://grid.hypergrid.org:8000/grid
21:56:10 - [STARTUP]: Registration of region with grid failed, aborting startup due to Region location is overlapped by existing varregion Neuanzere/d9bbb152-ed89-453c-96e1-b98adfd1a42e at <8086,8086>    at OpenSim.Region.Framework.Scenes.Scene.RegisterRegionWithGrid()
   at OpenSim.OpenSimBase.CreateRegion(RegionInfo regionInfo, Boolean portadd_flag, Boolean do_post_init, IScene& mscene)

Someone on the Metropolis in world group said I may just have to wait until the server realizes the sim is no longer there before I can get my coordinates back. If that's the case, How long should I expect to wait? (I think it's been off since about the 6th) If I can get my coordinates back sooner, how can I achieve that? Thanks so much for any help that can be given. :D
Zuletzt geändert von AndrewLane am Mo 18. Jan 2016, 17:45, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.
AndrewLane

Re: Unable to start sim in my previous sim's location

Beitragvon Shy Robbiani » Mo 18. Jan 2016, 11:40

Translate to English translate to German Translate to French Translate to Italian Translate to Spanish Translate to Portuguese Translate to Czech Перевести на русский язык 翻译成中国

What's your region name and your original coordination?

Usually, in case the sim crashed or has been shutdown the usual way by force (e.g. <ctrl>C ), it keeps being registred in the grid. In case of inactive users an admin might be able to help you.

Why it's so important for you to get the coordinates back? Personally I think the easiest thing to do is to find a new suitable location and relocate your region.

On the other hand I just had a look on the Coordinate Lattice at 8086/8086 (Neuanzere) and was a bit surprised:
  • According to the actual data displayed Neuanzere is a single region an not a VarRegion as stated in the error message.
  • Assuming your region is Laneville, it's a single region on 8086/8083 far anough away from Neuanzere.
With this data there shouldn't be any conflict.
Am Ende wird alles gut. Wenn es nicht gut ist, ist es nicht das Ende.
Shy Robbiani

Beitragvon Eryn Galen » Mo 18. Jan 2016, 14:47

Good help, Shy :)

Andrew, in case you need to check your region on the grid, you can also use the Region Management here. You can also isolate your region there, in case you don't want any neighbours (sometimes when people are using extensive out-of-sim prims that can be useful).
Eryn Galen

Beitragvon Sheera Khan » Mo 18. Jan 2016, 14:50

Hi Andrew,

you could clear the spots taken by your region using the region-management-tool located under: https://metropolis.hypergrid.org/regioman.php. Just login with your credentials and you'll get a list of your regions whether on- or offline. There's a button to DELETE entries you don't need or want anymore ;-)

Ciaoo

Sheera
Sheera Khan

Beitragvon AndrewLane » Mo 18. Jan 2016, 17:44

Thanks for the replies. From top down....

Shy: It is indeed Laneville at 8086,8083. As far as how it went down is probably due to a power outage (computer shutdown) while I was away for work as when when I came home, the computer was off. I kinda want those coordinates back for kinda sentimental reasons.. Han (who has the three sims above me, including Neuanzere) helped me get things set up.. :)

Eryn & Sheera: I had totally forgotten about Region Management!! And that actually solved the issue. I deleted my sim in the location and relaunched OpenSim. Laneville lives again! Thank you both!
AndrewLane

Re: RESOLVED - Unable to start sim in my previous sim's loca

Beitragvon Sheera Khan » Mo 18. Jan 2016, 18:45

Glad we could help you. Have a lot of fun :-)

Sheera
Sheera Khan

Zurück zu OpenSim Server