Landscaping Varregions

* General themes about Metropolis
* Generelle Themen über Metropolis

Re: Landscaping Varregions

Beitragvon Scooby Scorfield » Fr 6. Feb 2015, 14:18

Translate to English translate to German Translate to French Translate to Italian Translate to Spanish Translate to Portuguese Translate to Czech Перевести на русский язык 翻译成中国

Uwe Furse hat geschrieben:/etc/mysql/my.cnf

Code: Alles auswählen
[mysqld]

max_allowed_packet = 16M

Thank you Uwe!
Scoobs X
Scooby Scorfield

Beitragvon Shy Robbiani » Fr 6. Feb 2015, 15:12

Translate to English translate to German Translate to French Translate to Italian Translate to Spanish Translate to Portuguese Translate to Czech Перевести на русский язык 翻译成中国

Magnuz Binder hat geschrieben:... LLRAW (.raw) does not because of a bug in the simulator which I submitted a patch for (http://opensimulator.org/mantis/view.php?id=7415)....
Thank you Magnus. That explains why my .raw terrain uploads got distorted.
Am Ende wird alles gut. Wenn es nicht gut ist, ist es nicht das Ende.
Shy Robbiani

Beitragvon Magnuz Binder » Fr 6. Feb 2015, 15:15

Scooby Scorfield hat geschrieben:Thanks for the replies guys! I will have a play to day and see what I can come up with. These varregions do raise one question though.... Do we need a way of cleaning up old regions that haven't been online for "x" amount of time?

There are two parts in this.

One part is that regions that has not been shut down "properly" occupies their positions in the grid for eternity until actively purged. Lena did such a purge of some 600 of the longest apparently inactive regions mid August 2014. The problem is to know if a region really is inactive. It takes so long time to scan all 4600 regions registered that the scan is only made 4 times per day. I believe the scan is made by making http calls to each region, and with sometimes long response times, it takes time. I even had some slight problems with that for the 65 regions my keep-alive script monitors, despite them running on the same server as the script. That means that even e.g. a home hosted region which is online 5 hours every day may actually fall between scans during a long period and be purged despite being active. This probably happened to at least some regions in the purge mentioned, since the number of registered regions had bounced back up to the original level within a month and a half.

The other part is the map presentation, which seems to show even regions which have been shut down "properly" for a long time after they are gone. Often it is owing to the viewer cache, but it seems it may partly be a problem in the ROBUST grid service as well. Lena agreed it can be annoying and said she would look into it, even if this really should be a job for the core OpenSim developers.
Magnuz Binder

Beitragvon Magnuz Binder » Fr 6. Feb 2015, 15:21

Shy Robbiani hat geschrieben:Thank you Magnus. That explains why my .raw terrain uploads got distorted.

You are welcome. That was why I included both LLRAW (.raw) versions, hoping the bug will be fixed sooner or (probably) later, and RAW32 (.r32/.f32) versions, working for now, in the ZIP files for the varregion terrains I offer.
Magnuz Binder

Vorherige

Zurück zu General Themes / Generelle Themen