HELP Setting up a Dedicated Server for Metropolis

* Tutorials about servers, viewers and simulators
* Anleitungen über Server, Viewer und Simulatoren

HELP Setting up a Dedicated Server for Metropolis

Beitragvon Beachy » Mo 20. Jul 2015, 21:56

Translate to English translate to German Translate to French Translate to Italian Translate to Spanish Translate to Portuguese Translate to Czech Перевести на русский язык 翻译成中国

Hi Folks i have a big big problem. I CANT get OPENSIM INSTALLED on my DEDICATED SERVER, Ubuntu and Plesk are Installed. Usually i have a great Geezi who would do it but he has not been online for weeks now. i have a Dedicated Server 16Gb Ram 1 gega bandwidth so server is cool. i got all updated in putty, installed mono there are a few great tutorials here... but then i get lost and nothing works. Maybe someone out there could help me with this. you can answer me here or in world Beachy Traeume or per Email sjford1960@aol.com

Thanks in advance i Speak English and German

Beachy :(
Beachy

Re: HELP Setting up a Dedicated Server for Metropolis

Beitragvon Mareta Dagostino » Mo 20. Jul 2015, 23:13

Translate to English translate to German Translate to French Translate to Italian Translate to Spanish Translate to Portuguese Translate to Czech Перевести на русский язык 翻译成中国

Hi Beachy,

if you already have Ubuntu running with Plesk, this means you have also MySQL or MariaDB running. That is needed for Plesk configuration. So you can try my tutorial ( Hyperweb.eu ), of course you need the OpenSim part, not the OpenSUSE part. If you have set up a firewall, which is unusual in core Ubuntu but I don't know what Plesk does, you need to open the OpenSim ports.

How to set up a OpenSim database (if you don't know how to do this with Plesk or whatever) you can see in the OpenSUSE part of the tutorial, this is the same as with Ubuntu. I explain the brute force command line method, without using any additional tools. Below a copy of the part what I mean.

Regards,
Mareta

Code: Alles auswählen
mysql -u root -p
Enter password: MyRootPassword
Welcome to the MySQL monitor, ...

mysql> create database opensim;
Query OK, 1 row affected (0.00 sec)

mysql> create user opensim identified by 'MyOpensimPassword';
Query OK, 0 row affected (0.00 sec)

mysql> grant all privileges on opensim.* to opensim;

mysql> flush privileges;

mysql> quit;
Bye
https://hyperweb.eu => Server-Tutorial für Linux mit OpenSim, konfigurierter OpenSim Arriba Binärdownload!
Mareta Dagostino

Beitragvon Beachy » Di 21. Jul 2015, 05:29

hi Mareta,

Firstly thanks for your answer, unfortunatly it does not help me. i just seem to be too blonde for the job this time...... maybe you would be real nice to me
and set up open simulator for me on my server,
i could give you the logins you need............ just let me know what you need.

thanks Beachy :roll:
Beachy

Beitragvon Mareta Dagostino » Di 21. Jul 2015, 09:49

Hi Beachy,

first I don't know the configuration of your system, and it would be several hours work for me to bugfix an unknown system. Time is the thing which is really rare for me. Second, if you have serious problems to understand the essentials of an OpenSim configuration and need help for the whole thing (not only some special questions where you are hanging), my opinion is you will run from one problem into the next. Supposed somebody sets up your server initially, what will be if you see problems a week later? Without having understood the essentials, you will need help on any future problem with OpenSim. And it is Beta software in continuous development, there will be problems.

So, if you don't want to do the hard trip and learn, I recommend you strongly to rent a region. There are a couple of persons around who lease regions, from cheap low power "home land" regions (<< 10 €) up to the powerful high quality regions administered by the Metro Admins (29 €).

Kind regards,
Mareta
https://hyperweb.eu => Server-Tutorial für Linux mit OpenSim, konfigurierter OpenSim Arriba Binärdownload!
Mareta Dagostino

Beitragvon Beachy » Di 21. Jul 2015, 12:05

Hi Mareta

Ok... Ich Hab es vor alles Selbe zu machen, nur bis ich das alles gelernt habe hab ich kein lust mein Server täglich neu zu installieren hp neu drauf zu spielen ect. ich dache ich könnte was hilfe bekommen und später auf ein ander kleine server experimentieren ohne mein haupt server zu killen.

Danke trotzdem für dein Antwort :evil:
Beachy

Beitragvon mmetzmac » So 26. Jul 2015, 14:22

Hi Beachy,

Try to rent a JiffyBox at df.eu to Test your first steps with a fresh installation. You can find a rough walk through on http://www.3dgrid.de/index.php/tech

This, in general, works on all Debian devirates (like Ubuntu) with limited adjustments.

Regards
Manny

Ps: JiffyBox is paid by used time. It shouldn't be expensive..
Manny Emor
mmetzmac

Zurück zu Technical Tutorials / Technische Anleitungen