Renaming Region

* Technical questions about the grid, servers and viewers
* Technische Fragen über das Grid, Server und die Viewer

Renaming Region

Beitragvon Jessica Random » Fr 25. Mär 2016, 15:17

Translate to English translate to German Translate to French Translate to Italian Translate to Spanish Translate to Portuguese Translate to Czech Перевести на русский язык 翻译成中国

Hi all

Apologies if this is covered elsewhere (I did search but couldn't find anything).

We seem to be experiencing an issue when changing the name of our of our regions connected to Metropolis. We shut the region down correctly, then changed the name in the Regions.ini file and brought it back up. Obviously all the other data was the same including the UUID. When at the region is appears fine - all works well. The region name is correct (as the new name) etc. However there seems to be a problem locating this region on the map. If I search by the old name it still comes up - and I can get there no problem. If I search by the new name - it simply cannot find the region.

I expected this for a few days maybe - but it has been a couple of weeks now I think. Is there anything else that I can do to force the grid to recognise the new name? The only idea I have has so far is so take an OAR and then change the UUID and restore it. Is that the only thing I can do? Do I need to wait for a grid restart, and if so how often does that happen? It certainly looks like the grid has the old data cached.

Any ideas would be gratefully received.

Jessica
Jessica Random

Re: Renaming Region

Beitragvon Lena Vanilli » Fr 25. Mär 2016, 17:33

Translate to English translate to German Translate to French Translate to Italian Translate to Spanish Translate to Portuguese Translate to Czech Перевести на русский язык 翻译成中国

Huhu Jessica,

this is still an issue in OpenSim. So, you have to do it "manualy".

First of all, please shut down your local simulator. Afterwards, use our Region-Management https://metropolis.hypergrid.org/regioman.php to delete the old region entry in our database. Be sure to login with the name of the estate owner. As the last action please restart your local simulator. The new database entry with the new region name will be written automaticly.

Greetings,
Lena
Alles wird gut!
Lena Vanilli
Administrator

Beitragvon Sheera Khan » Fr 25. Mär 2016, 18:34

The reason behind this is that shutting down a region doesn't clear out the entry in the grid-database of Metropolis. Only the estate owner can delete a region in the Region-Manager-Tool. This is a configuration of Metropolis in order to prevent the loss of your grid-coordinates when shutting down your region correctly. We used to kill the simulators before but that was at the risk of losing items placed on a region just before killing the simulator as there is a one to ten minute hold-off before an item placed is considered persistent and saved by the region (MinimumTimeBeforePersistenceConsidered and MaximumTimeBeforePersistenceConsidered). Shutting down the region now saves the data and keeps the coordinates.

Ciaoo

Sheera
Sheera Khan

Beitragvon Jessica Random » Fr 25. Mär 2016, 21:05

Excellent, I thought it might be something like that I just wasn't sure there was an online tool :)

I will speak to the Estate holder as its not me and let her know what needs to be done, thanks again :)

HUGS

Jessica
Jessica Random

Beitragvon Beckett1288 » Do 29. Jul 2021, 12:47

You should change the region of the serer in this way it's become easier for you to log in and set up everything. The essay writing service uk reviews always guide us best and they have a special troubleshooting guide on this topic.
Beckett1288

Zurück zu Technical Support / Technische Unterstützung