KeyframedMotion

* Questions, answers and templates about scripting
* Fragen, Antworten und Beispiele zum Scripting

KeyframedMotion

Beitragvon Daniel » Di 10. Feb 2015, 15:11

Translate to English translate to German Translate to French Translate to Italian Translate to Spanish Translate to Portuguese Translate to Czech Перевести на русский язык 翻译成中国

Hey folks,

I got an issue with the Prim Equivalency system. I wanted to make use of the KeyframedMotion but I got the following error: ... Error, failed to play animation. Does your linkset exceed the complexity limit for keyframing? First of all, what does that mean? Are there simply to many prims in the linkset? Due to use of Mesh?

The various community contributions regarding that system didn't even helped me yet :|

Hope someone can help me remedy that issue

Daniel

Re: KeyframedMotion

Beitragvon Shy Robbiani » Di 10. Feb 2015, 16:10

Translate to English translate to German Translate to French Translate to Italian Translate to Spanish Translate to Portuguese Translate to Czech Перевести на русский язык 翻译成中国

Sorry, I don't have the answer to your question. At first I was surprised to see that KeyFramedMotion has been implemented at all. The docs really need an update! :)

However, I remember in SL keyframed objects can have a physics weight of up to 64. Now, in Opensimulator, I don't know how mesh will be counted in this context, but according to the error message you got it might well be the source of your problems.

Note (added 10.2.1015 15:27 CET): this needs further investigation as I just made a simple object of combined prims and mesh with a total LI of 130 and that works fine.
Am Ende wird alles gut. Wenn es nicht gut ist, ist es nicht das Ende.
Shy Robbiani

Beitragvon Shy Robbiani » Di 10. Feb 2015, 17:39

I'm a little bit confused and should better go back to school as I'm still used to the limits of Secondlife *lol*.

I created a linkset far beyond any limits in Secondlife and still got no error. With a total of 1052 prims/LI my key frame motion script still works fine. How complex is your linkset and/or mesh?
Am Ende wird alles gut. Wenn es nicht gut ist, ist es nicht das Ende.
Shy Robbiani

Beitragvon Richardus Raymaker » Di 10. Feb 2015, 20:17

I use keyframemotion much, mostly in SL right now, but also in OS.
Maby the error is not correct and you want to move the object with keyframemotion at a speed that exceed the max settings/
out of the mind , speed need to be between 0.1 and 250. Its the most common mistake with my script that soemtime sappear because miscalculation.

I used the wrong term, with speed i mean the parameter float time

I suggest to test that first, or change that parameter to a better number.
Richardus Raymaker

Beitragvon Daniel » Mi 11. Feb 2015, 15:05

I checked first the time parameter ... it's '3' so that's not the problem
I guess the total of 32 Prims with land impact of 1289 will force my script to not working
Daniel

Beitragvon Daniel » Mi 11. Feb 2015, 15:11

oh wow, apparently I solved the case by accident :P
I selected under 'Features' in the drop-down menu 'Physics Shape Type': None instead of Prim ...
the system changes the Shape Type of the root Prim back to 'Prim' as the root Prim can't have no shape at all ... It seems that there are no visual disturbances now

and finally the KeyframeMotion works fine :shock:
Daniel

Zurück zu Scripting