The Splash Page

* General themes about Metropolis
* Generelle Themen über Metropolis

The Splash Page

Beitragvon Amaya Luna » So 17. Aug 2014, 06:42

Translate to English translate to German Translate to French Translate to Italian Translate to Spanish Translate to Portuguese Translate to Czech Перевести на русский язык 翻译成中国

Hugging Bear -- awwww that was just so... darn sweet *cries*
I love logging in to metropolis. What a treat!
Amaya Luna

Re: The Splash Page

Beitragvon Lena Vanilli » So 17. Aug 2014, 13:16

Translate to English translate to German Translate to French Translate to Italian Translate to Spanish Translate to Portuguese Translate to Czech Перевести на русский язык 翻译成中国

Yes, I like this vid also very much. It's very touching!

By the way: You can configure the Splash Screen for your needings. Just press the gear at the upper right corner. There you can choose also vids with sound or an image slide show.

Hugs,
Lena
Alles wird gut!
Lena Vanilli
Administrator

Beitragvon Amaya Luna » So 17. Aug 2014, 20:14

Oh very wonderful. Good to know :)
Amaya Luna

Beitragvon Richardus Raymaker » Do 21. Aug 2014, 19:38

Are you sure that gear works this time ?
Weeks ago it failed. since then i dont use the splash page at all.
and replaced it for a nice picture. The gear dont worked here. nothing to configure.
Richardus Raymaker

Beitragvon Sheera Khan » Do 21. Aug 2014, 19:51

Rich? I guess you deactivated JavaScript, Cookies etc. Then the gear-icon can't do anything as all of these interactive features like configuring your login-screen need some interactive capabilities the programming language (i.e. JavaScript) provides. If you deactivate cookies as well there's no way of storing your configuration data as well. Because you're not logged in at the moment you get to see the login screen there's no way for the server to know, what you want your login screen to look like ...

Ciaooo

Sheera
Sheera Khan

Beitragvon Richardus Raymaker » Do 21. Aug 2014, 20:19

I dont think singularity is storing cookies etc. cannot remember i have ever seen any setting.
And cookies is not a good way, best way keeps to avoid weird pages like that. login screen need to be fast not slow and noisy.

But if you know where you can enable or disable cookies in singualiry i can at least check that.
Richardus Raymaker

Beitragvon Sheera Khan » Do 21. Aug 2014, 20:41

Using Firestorm it is at the bottom of Preferences - Configuration: There you can select internal or external browser, plugins, cookies, javascript...

Cookies are stored informations on _your_ computer. How do you suppose the server to know about your preferences before being logged in?

Hope that helps :-)

Sheera
Sheera Khan

Beitragvon Richardus Raymaker » Do 21. Aug 2014, 21:05

No that dont help, because i use singularity, well maby good idea if the website cannot safe cookies to show a simple webpage without useless load. ;)
Richardus Raymaker

Beitragvon Sheera Khan » Do 21. Aug 2014, 21:12

Most viewers use near identical pages for the preferences, they mostly have some additional options to be selected. The options I mentioned are inherited from the linden code base by all viewers since version 1 ;) And if you switch those cookies off you get exactly what you want: a perfektly noise-free page as your login-screen. What more can you possibly want?

Regards

Sheera
Sheera Khan

Beitragvon Richardus Raymaker » Do 21. Aug 2014, 22:22

I see , never worked with singularity. that one have different layout. ok just found it, its under the web tab.
turned cookies off , because it where enabled. clicked the gear and select the logo only and save it. restart, some youtube loading symbol.
Enabled the cookies how it where before. saved for llgo only. restart. and.. crappy metro login page still fails.

Just change that crap back to a normal login page hopw it where always. nobody complained about that.
the implemented some browser based system in viewer that dont work reliable. :evil:
its just stupid the changed this, its stupid idea to that someone want youtbe crap on login page.

And the still have not fixt that gear. cookies enabled or disabled dont make any difference.
I put the simple custom url back, until the fixt it really.
Richardus Raymaker

Nächste

Zurück zu General Themes / Generelle Themen