Solidarity with the OSgrid

* General themes about Metropolis
* Generelle Themen über Metropolis

Re: Solidarity with the OSgrid

Beitragvon Cara Litissa » Di 2. Sep 2014, 18:12

Translate to English translate to German Translate to French Translate to Italian Translate to Spanish Translate to Portuguese Translate to Czech Перевести на русский язык 翻译成中国

Ganz meine Meinung. Häme ist überhaupt nie angebracht, immerhin sind OSGrid und Metropolis ja virtuelle Heimat für viele Leute.

Bravo Metropolis, bravo Lena!
Cara Litissa

Beitragvon Shy Robbiani » Mi 10. Sep 2014, 12:26

Translate to English translate to German Translate to French Translate to Italian Translate to Spanish Translate to Portuguese Translate to Czech Перевести на русский язык 翻译成中国

Lena Vanilli hat geschrieben:... Jau, da verstehst du glaube ich etwas falsch. Das soll keine Werbung für das OSgrid sein. Ich habe das Plakat gemacht und die Hamster auf den Demo-Platz vor dem Bahnhof geschickt ...
Ich weiss, ich komme damit etwas spät, aber ich muss dazu noch etwas richtig stellen. Meine Bemerkung ging nicht gegen die Solidarit mit OSGrid, im Gegenteil. Was ich daneben fand, war der kaum bemerkte Werbe-Link am untern Rand des Bildschirms der mich damals zu einer Website mit Werbung für ein anderes Grid führte, das weder mit Metropolis noch mit OSGrid was zu tun hat. In der Zwischenzeit ist von der Site aber eh nicht mehr viel da und ich habe dafür nur noch ein Lächeln übrig.

Im übrigen denke ich auch solidarisch und habe beispielsweise unkompliziert für jemanden aus dem OSGrid, die hier schon mal war und bereits einen Account hat, einfach meine Regionen geöffnet und eine davon zur freien Verfügung bereit gestellt.
Am Ende wird alles gut. Wenn es nicht gut ist, ist es nicht das Ende.
Shy Robbiani

Beitragvon Sheera Khan » Mi 10. Sep 2014, 13:15

Und so muss sich auch niemand als "displaced person" fühlen :-) Danke Dir

Ciaoooo

Sheera
Sheera Khan

News from OSgrid

Beitragvon Lena Vanilli » Fr 12. Sep 2014, 16:26

Alles wird gut!
Lena Vanilli
Administrator

Beitragvon Mareta Dagostino » Fr 19. Sep 2014, 09:26

Hiro (OSgrid Admin) posted the following info.

leTwitch on #osgrid IRC Chat, 18 September 2014, 09:52 PST hat geschrieben:
"In any event, here's where things are:
the scoop right now is that a strategy has been formed - the data recovery service will attempt a deep read of the broken disks to generate a copy on fresh disks -- the idea being to get the data onto drives that do not generate SMART errors and freak out the controller."

"If we can get to that point, a pair of the drives will be reconnected in the interest of allowing the controller to correct the logical errors present and rebuild one of the mirrors. If that fails, the same operation will be tried on the other pair. If both fails, we're looking at having to pay to have the raid manually rebuilt, which is when it gets really expensive."

"As of this moment, we're working through getting the statement of work/invoice accurate (there has been a little confusion as to where the new drives were to come from, and they were attempting to charge us for these). The hosting company will be providing the drives. That's the other thing happening right now, is the related logistics of getting the new drives."

"For the record, concerning finances:
We have been carrying about a 3000$ surplus, since about forever. Since the crash, increased one-time donations had us at about 4000$ surplus, last time I checked the balance (been a few weeks). This will comfortably cover the cloning operation, and should it work out, we'll be in good shape. We'll probably need a bit more if we have to have the array manually rebuilt."

"Concerning allocation of OSgrid funds:
They're all but about 300$ in one PayPal account.
The 300$ is in the bank account which keeps the PayPal account open
Not one red cent has ever gone to a manager, an officer, a board member, an administrator or operator of OSgrid or the developers of OpenSim.
Every penny has gone to paying for the hardware and bandwidth to operate the grid."
https://hyperweb.eu => Server-Tutorial für Linux mit OpenSim, konfigurierter OpenSim Arriba Binärdownload!
Mareta Dagostino

Beitragvon Minethere Always » Fr 19. Sep 2014, 13:56

I was just reading the http://www.hypergridbusiness.com/2014/0 ... ng-effort/ while waking up. Sometimes I still have an actual thought on things, which, at least to me, makes sense...lol

So I commented this, there;

"A thought comes to mind among all this. People pay for all sorts of things that interest them, and most often never even think about where the money goes, even when the information is easily found for those who wish to.

But in all this stuff, some people pay quite a bit of money, especially in the commercial grids, never asking for accountability at all, it just never occurs to them. I think it might be due to some knowing, even if subconsciously, that they would not get their questions answered in the first place, and, at best, with a lackluster response, so why bother.

But then others will gladly push their "favorite thing of the moment" for those who only profit from their free work, it is a strange world we live in [and getting stranger by the day].

To my eyes the actually important thing here is, rather than some making mountains out of molehills for whatever they lack in perspicuity or due to personal smallish agendas and motives....

Is just the simple and plain, unvarnished truth that regardless of anything else, OSG is needed to push the envelope of the tech and help move us all forward.

Simplistic personal feelings on other issues is not the point here, at all.

Nobody has to have issues on anything else, they can simply do other things, or keep them to their selves, but we NEED OSG, and that is a fact."

I say this, even tho I personally can't stand that Hiro guy, he annoys me to no end with his arrogance...but sometimes it is best to just see beyond such things to the real issue, so even tho I can't donate, I did add the donate page link and graphic Maria offered, to my blog. I probably won't leave it there much past the current problem but that is not really the point.

We all do what we can in all this, and with other things in our lives...and to my eyes those who try to do positive things, such as Metro and it's citizens are doing with welcoming, is much more preferred than those who would try to take people down the negative path.

This is my only philosophizing for this week. I now turn it over to actual Philosophers, such as Dings-)))
My Metro blogspace http://tinyurl.com/nlgvkk3
just another quasi-anonymous ephemeral wanderer...
Minethere Always

Beitragvon bertl » Sa 20. Sep 2014, 09:01

compliments for your gorgeous viewpoint miney :)
such is life, and we all try to find the question for the answer "42" ;)
that's our sense of life we have been built for by the mice ^^.
Ich achte nicht auf die Vernunft. Sie empfiehlt immer nur, was ein anderer gern möchte. E. Gaskell (1810-1865)
bertl

Beitragvon Minethere Always » Sa 20. Sep 2014, 11:02

bertl hat geschrieben:compliments for your gorgeous viewpoint miney :)
such is life, and we all try to find the question for the answer "42" ;)
that's our sense of life we have been built for by the mice ^^.

blushes
My Metro blogspace http://tinyurl.com/nlgvkk3
just another quasi-anonymous ephemeral wanderer...
Minethere Always

Beitragvon Emil_Jannings » So 21. Sep 2014, 05:58

Mareta - thanks for the post of Hiro's comments on the IRC channel. If not for this forum I would not have seen them as the twitter and news feeds from OSGrid have so far not mentioned this important news.

And thanks to Metro for the gesture of solidarity. I know there is some grumbling about it, but it lifted my spirits and I think it says a lot about Metropolis Metaversum and the people who call it home.

Emil Jannings
Emil_Jannings

Beitragvon Eryn Galen » Mo 22. Sep 2014, 07:57

And thanks to Metro for the gesture of solidarity. I know there is some grumbling about it, but it lifted my spirits and I think it says a lot about Metropolis Metaversum and the people who call it home.

Hi Emil.
I agree and I am sure nobody here grumbles about any resident of OSGrid, it is all about the actions and attitudes of one, two people.
I think solidarity across the Metaverse is important. But I would also like to point out that it is not a one way road. I would like to see a change in the behaviour of those, that still have not done anything to unban people for simply speaking out.
Eryn Galen

VorherigeNächste

Zurück zu General Themes / Generelle Themen