Inworld Search

* General themes about Metropolis
* Generelle Themen über Metropolis

Inworld Search

Beitragvon Remi Cremeux » Do 29. Jan 2015, 16:52

Translate to English translate to German Translate to French Translate to Italian Translate to Spanish Translate to Portuguese Translate to Czech Перевести на русский язык 翻译成中国

Hi!

I am trying to find out how to get my inworld search to work in my Cool VL Viewer, I think I need to insert the Url

http://metropolis.hypergrid.org/obj_search.php

somewhere but I have no clue where...... I do see a helper url in preferences - grid list tab, and wonder if that has got anything to do with the inworld search (for All and Classifieds and stuff)..

Remi
Remi Cremeux

Re: Inworld Search

Beitragvon Lena Vanilli » Fr 30. Jan 2015, 22:29

Translate to English translate to German Translate to French Translate to Italian Translate to Spanish Translate to Portuguese Translate to Czech Перевести на русский язык 翻译成中国

Hi Remi,

I am sorry, but I have no idea. Is there a standard for searching in the Cool Viewer? Or just nothing?

Hugs,
Lena
Alles wird gut!
Lena Vanilli
Administrator

Beitragvon Eryn Galen » Sa 31. Jan 2015, 11:14

If its anything like the other viewers you should find the search URL on the bottom of the grid manager when you click on Metropolis Metaversum. You can insert the search URL there.
Eryn Galen

Beitragvon Remi Cremeux » Sa 31. Jan 2015, 12:47

Hi, this is what I get in my preferences:

Bild

I can't find any other settings anywhere in the client, and I cannot find any help in Cool Viewer help pages about this. I also don't think any of these Urls are for the help page. The search itself has an 'All(web)' tab, which gives 'page not found' all the time. The only search results I get is avatars names, no places, events, groups or classifieds.
Remi Cremeux

Beitragvon Mareta Dagostino » Sa 31. Jan 2015, 13:55

Hi Remi,

the Cool VL is also my favorite Viewer. I see, that the parameters in your snapshot above are not actual. To update them, do the following steps:
-> Edit/Preferences Dialog
-> Select your grid to edit, here "Metropolis"
-> Button "Get Parameters"
-> Button "Apply"

In my viewer the search tabs "All", "Classifieds", "Land Sales", "Places", "People" and "Groups" are working.
The tab "Events" I don't know (no error message but no hit).
The tab "All (web)" does not work.

@Eryn: The Cool VL viewer has no option to edit an URL for web search in the user interface. Maybe there are settings in configuration files, but I don't know.

Yours,
Mareta
https://hyperweb.eu => Server-Tutorial für Linux mit OpenSim, konfigurierter OpenSim Arriba Binärdownload!
Mareta Dagostino

Beitragvon Remi Cremeux » Sa 31. Jan 2015, 20:44

Even after clearing the parameters, getting new parameters, apply, all stays exactly the same, no search for me. Cool VL viewer is not my favorite viewer, it is the only one that doesn't crash all the time, I haven't got much choice :(

Mareta, does your search work somewhere at home in the Metropolis grid?
Remi Cremeux

Beitragvon Mareta Dagostino » Sa 31. Jan 2015, 21:03

Hi again Remi,

sorry that the viewers are working so bad for you.
Mareta, does your search work somewhere at home in the Metropolis grid?

All that I wrote above I tested in the Metropolis grid today around noon. My avatar was on one of my regions (Foresta, Deserto, Ko San Ti), but this should not be important. They have open access, you can test there too, if you think that has influence.

Hopeful greetings,
Mareta
https://hyperweb.eu => Server-Tutorial für Linux mit OpenSim, konfigurierter OpenSim Arriba Binärdownload!
Mareta Dagostino

Beitragvon Eryn Galen » So 1. Feb 2015, 01:06

In other viewers the grid manager looks a bit different...
I do not have cool viewer. Sorry.
I hope Mareta can help you.
Eryn Galen

Beitragvon Remi Cremeux » So 1. Feb 2015, 11:34

Hahaha I never expected this to work, I am now in Foresta.... and my search is working...... So it is server settings?? Opensim settings? Wow.......

Now I need to figure out what to change... In my own regions (now K-PAX and Introspect) search doesnt work and yesterday I went to the laggy startarea of *metropolis* where I got no results..... Did you change any settings in opensim files to enable this?

Remi
Remi Cremeux

Beitragvon Mareta Dagostino » So 1. Feb 2015, 13:10

Hi Remi,

that's really promising! I use the OpenSim Arriba fork, which I compile and configure sometimes for Metro. You can try to compare my ini files against your settings: Interesting are OpenSim.ini and CridCommon.ini.

But please do not simply copy the complete files into a Metro edition or Vanilla edition, there are some parameter differences. If you find differences in connection string values (http://...), you can replace your values with mine. The download link is below my postings.

Special for Remi: I uploaded the two mentioned ini files to http://michelaweb.eu/TemporaryForRemi.zip , so you don't need to download the whole Arriba thing. This zipfile I will delete later.

Regards,
Mareta
Mareta Dagostino

Nächste

Zurück zu General Themes / Generelle Themen