Harmonizing Traffic Stats

* General themes about Metropolis
* Generelle Themen über Metropolis

Harmonizing Traffic Stats

Beitragvon Lena Vanilli » Di 16. Sep 2014, 09:24

Translate to English translate to German Translate to French Translate to Italian Translate to Spanish Translate to Portuguese Translate to Czech Перевести на русский язык 翻译成中国

Huhu Metros,

as you might know, the traffic stats on the SplashScreen for the active users (unique users in the last 30 days) were previously without the hypergridders (visitors from other grids). Well, we changed that to harmonize grid across datas and to simplify the analisis. So, the hypergridders will be now included in this stats.

Regarding the numbers of connected regions we are still different to other grids. In my opinion, a region has a unique name and is counted as a unique region; no matter whats the size. So, on our SplashScreen you see the "traditional" region counting: app. 3.700 regions. In the analsis of HypergridBusiness you will see appr. 4.700 regions. This is, while Maria Korolov takes the total land area and calculates "standard regions" from that.

So, we are different to others with our view. Should we change that to be compatible with the rest of the virtual universe? What is your opinion?

Hugs,
Lena
Alles wird gut!
Lena Vanilli
Administrator

Re: Harmonizing Traffic Stats

Beitragvon Mareta Dagostino » Di 16. Sep 2014, 09:46

Translate to English translate to German Translate to French Translate to Italian Translate to Spanish Translate to Portuguese Translate to Czech Перевести на русский язык 翻译成中国

Hi Lena,

as we are not in a contest "who has the biggest grid", I think our traditional counting is more exact. On the splash screen is shown also the total amount of quare meters, so anybody knows how big the grid is. If I want to know how many regions, I think about one region as what has one name and has no region crossings. The counting of HypergridBusiness is worthless in my opinion. For example it would be simple for me to set up a server, which comes up one time a week and throws 2500 regions into a strange edge of Metropolis. Both cheating methods would be possible, one 50x50 Var Region or 2.500 single regions one after the other.

Regards,
Mareta
https://hyperweb.eu => Server-Tutorial für Linux mit OpenSim, konfigurierter OpenSim Arriba Binärdownload!
Mareta Dagostino

Beitragvon bertl » Di 16. Sep 2014, 10:41

yep, totally agree with Mareta, and btw: we ARE different ;)
Ich achte nicht auf die Vernunft. Sie empfiehlt immer nur, was ein anderer gern möchte. E. Gaskell (1810-1865)
bertl

Beitragvon Lena Vanilli » Di 16. Sep 2014, 11:11

bertl hat geschrieben: and btw: we ARE different ;)

haha, that's it, bertl ;)
Alles wird gut!
Lena Vanilli
Administrator

Beitragvon Minethere Always » Di 16. Sep 2014, 12:18

tbh, I also think Metro should do things as --Metro-- wants to do things, not as some one person thinks they should be.

As said, we are different, and as I say, vive la différence !!

I like watching stats in some regards, but as said paraphrased, they are so easily skewed, and not just because us in the free Meta know this, but something most could care less about, that it became so clear to me when I was much more interested, that the closed commercial type grids, several of them, play with their numbers all the time as some kind of --negative-- marketing thing. I don't think that type of underhanded marketing is the right way to do things, and I also don't see it as actually helping them.

But then none of them actually have any real marketing experience or education anyway.

The main thing I see in such stats reporting is simply due to the fact most people do not investigate things on their own...i.e. they believe what they are told, they believe what they read...and do not do their own fact checking. Often then passing along this incorrect nonsense to others, it is a circular never-ending mess of disinformation.

Does Metro, or any others in the free Meta care? I don't think so, really...so the stats, for us, are just simple indicators of the general way things are going, that, and nothing more, just as Maria's are, really...only general indicators of the direction and interest in this VR stuff....breaking them down is pointless to specifics.

Personally I just enjoy her doing them so I can add my comments for fun-))) [heck, I gotta find my fun someplace, right???] So I commented just now, and will likely do more :lol: :mrgreen: :roll:
My Metro blogspace http://tinyurl.com/nlgvkk3
just another quasi-anonymous ephemeral wanderer...
Minethere Always

Beitragvon Dings Digital » Di 16. Sep 2014, 12:24

Metro being Metro <3
Dings Digital

Beitragvon Eryn Galen » Di 16. Sep 2014, 19:52

1 Regionname = 1 Region, totally agree :)
Eryn Galen

Zurück zu General Themes / Generelle Themen