[Suggestion] A new "Start" region?

* General themes about Metropolis
* Generelle Themen über Metropolis

[Suggestion] A new "Start" region?

Beitragvon oddball otoole » Sa 25. Okt 2014, 00:25

Translate to English translate to German Translate to French Translate to Italian Translate to Spanish Translate to Portuguese Translate to Czech Перевести на русский язык 翻译成中国

I want to start a discussion:

Does Metro needs a new "start" region (where new accounts land on their first log-in)?

The start region of Metropolis is the * Metropolis* region. It's a great region, well build, 3 levels, a book that gives a notecard with LM's to nice regions, a couple of info boards (German and English), a couple of walk-through-tp-thingies, a supporter online/offline sign, a NPC that answers questions, folks editing appearance, a party place (with some stuff I made in the past!!), and I know the region has 3 levels, but i can remember just 2 of them!
Bertha is a thing! Bertha is an NPC programmed to answer questions, but Bertha also says stuff in local chat, and I found out that folks are tying to mute bertha. (I tried to punch her in the face recently, but the biatch has a desk in front of her, so i have to re-consider my attack plan)

In my opinion, it's a very cool region, things are happening there, but I think it's not a start region. It's too big, too much things too see when you land there! A fountain, signs, a desk, bertha (and she talks to ya), trees, folks editing appearance, signs that tell you to walk thru them, etc....

In my opinion a start region of any grid should be a plunge in to a warm bed. You get online for the first time, and you have anything you need on screen, you should feel at home, you can talk to real greeters, you can get info with a click. A minimum of lag, low prim, low on scripts, a couple of info boards, thats it..
«Oddball ist anders als die Anderen.»
oddball otoole

Re: [Suggestion] A new "Start" region?

Beitragvon Dings Digital » Sa 25. Okt 2014, 00:33

Translate to English translate to German Translate to French Translate to Italian Translate to Spanish Translate to Portuguese Translate to Czech Перевести на русский язык 翻译成中国

I like the idea. And change is always (well, often) a good thing :)
Dings Digital

Re: [Suggestion] A new "Start" region?

Beitragvon bertl » Sa 25. Okt 2014, 08:14

Thumbs up oddy, I agree to you and Dings.
Ich achte nicht auf die Vernunft. Sie empfiehlt immer nur, was ein anderer gern möchte. E. Gaskell (1810-1865)
bertl

Zurück zu General Themes / Generelle Themen