A new hypergrid destinations directory

* General themes about Metropolis
* Generelle Themen über Metropolis

Re: A new hypergrid destinations directory

Beitragvon Minethere Always » Do 5. Feb 2015, 20:06

Translate to English translate to German Translate to French Translate to Italian Translate to Spanish Translate to Portuguese Translate to Czech Перевести на русский язык 翻译成中国

I added my minethere region-) next time I will try the HUD...others say it works great.
My Metro blogspace http://tinyurl.com/nlgvkk3
just another quasi-anonymous ephemeral wanderer...
Minethere Always

Beitragvon frost » Fr 6. Feb 2015, 09:27

Translate to English translate to German Translate to French Translate to Italian Translate to Spanish Translate to Portuguese Translate to Czech Перевести на русский язык 翻译成中国

Tried the hud yesterday, very smooth experience!

Which reminds me, i'm setting up a small travel-agency in-world, is it ok if I put the HUD on offer there?
frost

Beitragvon satyrhuman » Fr 6. Feb 2015, 10:20

Sure. feel free to redistribute it.
satyrhuman

Beitragvon Magnuz Binder » Fr 6. Feb 2015, 20:49

I really like that initiative and will probably have a go at it myself as well. Funny enough, I set up something quite similar for my own regions to grab some stats from the beginning of this year. Since there was some integrity question raised in another forum about this project, I checked out the code, and it is OK.

I think you could have made it a bit simpler using llGetAgentList though, which returns more closely what you need: a list of just the UUID's of all agents/avis in the region. Here is an suggestion how to use it:
Code: Alles auswählen
checkBeacon() {
    if ( wkey == "" ) {
        llSetText("Beacon not initialized. Click to initialize.", <1.0,0.1,0.1>, 1.0);
        return;
    }
    llSetText("", <1.0,0.5,0.1>, 1.0);
    regionName = llGetRegionName();
    integer nNew = 0;
    list avis = llGetAgentList(AGENT_LIST_REGION, []);
    integer howmany = llGetListLength(avis);
    integer i;
    for ( i = 0; i < howmany; i++ ) {
        if ( ! osIsNpc(llList2Key(avis, i)) )
            nNew++; // only non-NPC's
    }
    if ( nNew != nTotalAvis || minsSinceLast > 30 ) {
        nTotalAvis = nNew;
        beaconHttp = llHTTPRequest(
            BASEURL+"/beacon/"+
            "?wk="+wkey+
            "&na="+(string)nTotalAvis+
            "&r="+llEscapeURL(regionName)+
            "&rat="+s_rating+
            "&pos="+llEscapeURL((string)llGetPos()),
            [], ""
        );
        minsSinceLast = 0;
    }
}
Magnuz Binder

Beitragvon satyrhuman » Fr 6. Feb 2015, 22:48

Hi Magnuz,
That is a great tip, thanks! you can use that in your own beacon. I 'll update the code when i get the time.
satyrhuman

Beitragvon Mareta Dagostino » Sa 7. Feb 2015, 23:03

Thank you Satyr,

for that great service! I connected one of my regions with the service (the only whose buildings are not totally desolate), and it looks nice on the OpenSimWorld website. Hopefully many more residents connect their regions, it may become the main directory for the Hypergrid.

Cheers,
Mareta
https://hyperweb.eu => Server-Tutorial für Linux mit OpenSim, konfigurierter OpenSim Arriba Binärdownload!
Mareta Dagostino

Beitragvon Magnuz Binder » So 8. Feb 2015, 02:06

So, I have spent part of the evening "spamming" the directory with the dozen of my regions that, according to my own visitor stats, seem to be of some public interest. The procedure was pretty smooth, even if it took some time since I updated some descriptions and snapshots that were a bit dated.

I too have hopes this directory will be an important part of what knits the hypergridded metaverse closer together. Thank you for the initiative, Satyr.
Magnuz Binder

Beitragvon Gubbly » So 8. Feb 2015, 03:16

Hey satyrhuman,

how i can get back a forgotten password?
Ich vermiete Regionen, bei Interesse schreib mich einfach an.
The Sweetest Thing
Gubbly

Beitragvon Magnuz Binder » So 8. Feb 2015, 13:08

I wanted to check the HUD, and discovered its script was "no modify", so I couldn't check up what kind of information it relayed when used. I figured I could check it on GitHub instead, but the HUD.lsl there just contained the beacon script with my suggested alteration. I suppose this is a mistake and just wanted satyr to be aware of it.
Magnuz Binder

Beitragvon satyrhuman » So 8. Feb 2015, 13:38

Magnuz,

I have updated the code in github: https://github.com/opensimworld/OSTools ... er/HUD.lsl

Gubbly,

If you have entered an email in your user settings, please use the "lost password?" link at the frontpage . If you haven't entered an email, please use the contact form to send us an email with your username and an email address to send you the password reset link.

Cheers,
Satyr
satyrhuman

VorherigeNächste

Zurück zu General Themes / Generelle Themen