After a few weeks of consideration...

* Share your regions, projects and objects with others
* Hier kannst du deine Projekte und Objekte vorstellen

After a few weeks of consideration...

Beitragvon Minethere Always » Do 10. Okt 2013, 16:02

Translate to English translate to German Translate to French Translate to Italian Translate to Spanish Translate to Portuguese Translate to Czech Перевести на русский язык 翻译成中国

I gave this some time to consider posting here but overall it seems to me that it has value in several regards to some folx here.

I want to highlight bigtime that as many of you know by now I am a major proponent of FREE opensim. I think it is awesome and I think Metro is the most of the awesome, otherwise, after being very leary of grids I would not call it my home grid and would just get a standalone.

I love Metro, I love how you do things here, and I love calling it my Home.

As part of this I also understand you all are major supporters of both things I believe in now, if there is any future for opensim, that of keeping the HG open and free and supporting those who also believe that way.

There are commercial forces at play who wish to reduce our freedoms and I see Metro as trying to keep that from happening as best as can be done. It is why I promote Metro as much as I can.

I have reduced much of what I used to do due to real life issues, however, I obliged myself to an event in Kitely grid due to a friendship I have with a man named Sarge Misfit, who is a really nice guy but who still likes commercial grids in some respects, but, more importantly he is also a proponent of HG...and you can see some of what he does here:

http://excelsior-station.wikidot.com/

Sarge is a no-drama very sharp guy who is getting on with age as I am so I gravitated towards him in that regard also.

The point here, and why I think you folx will not mind my posting about another grid here, is that Kitely promises to enable HG before the year end.

This is very, very, very important primarily because it would be the ONLY and FIRST commercial grid to do this. I cannot begin to understand the ramifications as to what this will mean for the free metaverse I love, but even still, opening a commercial grid to HG, seems to me, an important thing.

Kitely has also gotten even some free meta proponents involved in their marketplace and that aspect alone I find very fascinating. I even added my own little "region creations" commercial interests to it and a smiler...lol...but my reasons were just to test how it works, I don't care much about the money [which is not to say I could use every cent I make in anything anymore...lol]

Again, I am NOT promoting Kitely, per se, or commercial grids...it is my opinion they cause all sorts of problems with drama and strife associated with making a few bucks...I do, however think HG is the future and Kitely promises to do that.

So my interests there have been several...I use their free limited region plan [I have never spent any real money there and never will] to showcase my free OARs and have done some very small amount of RAW terraforming work there, I participate in their forums simply as a way to promote it and give it some additional activity [which I reduce as others come in and add to it], and I listen and watch for when exactly they will enable HG, and how they will implement it.

Since Kitely is the fastest growing commercial grid now by far, I find it worth the effort to watch [but not overly participate]

So, as I said I am helping Sarge due to past and present friendships and he is also working with a behind the scenes very good scripter [who himself is all about the commercial aspects] and they have put together a very cool Mystery which I would love to see some of my friends and acquaintances here, come see.

It uses NPCs in interesting ways and other tech I do not really understand...but...some of which may give folx here ideas also.

Kitely promises before year end they will enable HG and then we can explore there like we do elsewhere. Making an account is easy and you can bring in whatever you want using their websiteGUI and uploading your OAR...all easily...their webgui is also very interesting and may give folx here some ideas also. [not to say the one here and other things are not, just saying it uses other ideas and ways]

I wanted to extend an invitation to anyone interested to at least come join us for Torben's performance and if interested try your hand at the Mystery part of it. I know Torben would love to see any of you there and as you know he is a really nice guy just wanting to spread the love.

I asked him to do this for us there and he agreed.

As well, Kitely says their regions can hold up to 100 avatars and do hold up to 100k prims...the latter I have seen for myself.

If anyone would rather I not have posted this all I ask is you be kind, my intentions are NOT commercial in any regard whatsoever. I just like you folx and wanted to let you know of this.

http://www.kitely.com/forums/viewtopic. ... 5268#p5268
My Metro blogspace http://tinyurl.com/nlgvkk3
just another quasi-anonymous ephemeral wanderer...
Minethere Always

Re: After a few weeks of consideration...

Beitragvon Minethere Always » Do 10. Okt 2013, 16:43

Translate to English translate to German Translate to French Translate to Italian Translate to Spanish Translate to Portuguese Translate to Czech Перевести на русский язык 翻译成中国

I just wanted to add that Oren, one of the partners there, contributes patches to OS often and a few are in this current release...that, alone, is a very good thing.
My Metro blogspace http://tinyurl.com/nlgvkk3
just another quasi-anonymous ephemeral wanderer...
Minethere Always

Zurück zu Showcase