Linden plants

* All about inworld objects
* Alles über Inworld-Objekte

Linden plants

Beitragvon Magnuz Binder » Sa 8. Nov 2014, 21:19

Translate to English translate to German Translate to French Translate to Italian Translate to Spanish Translate to Portuguese Translate to Czech Перевести на русский язык 翻译成中国

I needed to be able to rez specific Linden plants for some landscaping and decoration, but could not find a good source, so I made one myself. I figured perhaps more than me needed it, so I made the compilation available in a box at the south and north end of the central island of the Metropolis region Terrains. It contains the 26 original Linden plants with original names and full perms, a contact sheet with 25 of the 26 plants, and an information notecard. (Click contact sheet below for full-sized contact sheet.)
Bild
The plants are (click name for full-sized image):
Beach Grass (missing on contact sheet), Cypress Tree 1, Cypress Tree 2, Dogwood tree, Eel Grass, Eucalyptus Tree, Fern, Kelp (brown), Kelp (green), Oak Tree, Palm tree 1, Palm Tree 2, Pine Tree - Evergreen, Pine Tree - Ponderosa, Plumeria, Sea Sword, Tropical Plant 1, Tropical Plant 2, Winter Aspen Tree, Winter Pine Tree 1, Winter Pine Tree 2, Grass - short 1, Grass - short 2, Grass - tall 1, Grass - tall 2, Leafy ground cover.
Magnuz Binder

Re: Linden plants

Beitragvon Lena Vanilli » So 9. Nov 2014, 00:39

Translate to English translate to German Translate to French Translate to Italian Translate to Spanish Translate to Portuguese Translate to Czech Перевести на русский язык 翻译成中国

Congratulations, Magnuz! Great work! :)

Hugs
Lena
Alles wird gut!
Lena Vanilli
Administrator

Beitragvon Eryn Galen » So 9. Nov 2014, 09:33

I use my old and trusted Imprudence for rezzing Linden plants when I need them. But great resource nevertheless Magnuz :)
Eryn Galen

Beitragvon Magnuz Binder » So 9. Nov 2014, 10:08

I use Firestorm, and neither with that one nor with the LL viewer you can chose what plants to rezz. I just checked and saw Singularity permits choosing what plants to rezz as well. However, it lacks a lot of other functionality I like with Firestorm. Imprudence on Mac unfortunately always crashes on the Metropolis splash screen for me.

Oh well, perhaps the contact sheet can serve as a quick reminder of what the plants actually looks like to some at least.
Magnuz Binder

Beitragvon Piper » So 9. Nov 2014, 17:24

oh perhaps , i am just a silly Little Girl, but why should it be important or possible to rezz with a Viewer a LL plant in Opensim?
how long as the plants do what they should in sl? i am sorry, but ist a nice work, of course .. Magnuz .. but i never tried to rezz a plant in the Viewer before ;)
Or perhaps ist my bad english and i do not understand it in the right way ..

Hugs Piper
http://topis-worlds.de
http://virtuelles-kinderheim-rickenbach.de
Piper

Beitragvon Minethere Always » So 9. Nov 2014, 18:19

I just checked and I did not even realize FS only has 2 linden plant options...that's kinda annoying but then again I guess I don't need them all that much since I never checked...lol

I will go by and get those for sure as my impy is not installed anyway..thx-)
My Metro blogspace http://tinyurl.com/nlgvkk3
just another quasi-anonymous ephemeral wanderer...
Minethere Always

Beitragvon Magnuz Binder » Mo 10. Nov 2014, 12:21

@Piper, I guess I may be a bit old school, but I still sometimes use the old Linden plants in OpenSim as well, just as I often use the "default" textures when I build, especially when the function or structure is more important to me than the finish or texturing. But agreed, there are many mesh plants, and even sculpt and classical prim plants, available in OpenSim now, that are far better than the Linden plants. Much of the finesse with the Linden plants was also that they always were available in the viewer, but if you need to rez them from inventory anyway, they lose that advantage.
Magnuz Binder

tree module

Beitragvon Emil_Jannings » Fr 14. Nov 2014, 05:36

This is the only discussion I found in the forums related to "tree" -- I want to use the tree module to plant a new region. Is it implemented in Metropolis? I'm getting this error message:

Region (Sleepy Hollow) # tree load Pine
04:23:21 - [EVENT MANAGER]: Delegate for TriggerOnPluginConsole failed - continuing. Unexpected failure in Tree de-serialization at OpenSim.Region.OptionalModules.World.TreePopulator.TreePopulatorModule.DeserializeObject (System.String fileName) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Thanks.
Emil_Jannings

Beitragvon Sheera Khan » Fr 14. Nov 2014, 07:06

Hi Em,

to be honest I don't have any real experience with that tree module, but I managed to find a tutorial about it at http://forums.osgrid.org/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=2865. So a quick test was
Code: Alles auswählen
Region (MyRegion) # show modules
New Region Module (Non-Shared): TreePopulatorModule

Looks like there might be some tree module around ...

The load tree command expects an xml-file as parameter and fortunatly the tutorial provided some. So I pasted the XML-Code to a file Pine-1.xml in my OS bin- directory. Loading that using
tree load Pine-1.xml

gave no errors. Please note that the filename is case sensitive.

To activate the module type:
tree active true

Now you should be able to plant trees using the command
tree plant Pine1

The parameter Pine1 is case sensitive and refers to the plant defined in the XML-file above but not the XML-file itself.

All commands completed without errors but I didn't have time to see any trees grow. So I guess the tree module is availlable in the MetroEdition but it may take some tweaking to get those trees growing...

Ciaoooo

Sheera
Sheera Khan

Beitragvon bertl » Fr 14. Nov 2014, 12:52

Hi Emil,

I've did some stuff with the trees those times.
Here my internal notices (nearly that what Sheera wrote :) ):

Die berühmten Copses

xml-Dateien angelegt für zwei Bäume: Oak.xml und Pine.xml
    nicht in OpenSim.ini aktivieren, da das zu recht anstrengenden Situationen führen kann gemäß Doku (http://forums.osgrid.org/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=2865), sondern in Konsole:
    change region BergWelt1 (BergWelt2)
    tree load Oak.xml (Pine.xml)
    tree active true
    tree plant Oak (Pine)
    stoppen mit: tree freeze Oak true
    dann: tree remove Oak
    tree active false

Momentan wird noch nicht zuverlässig regelmässig gepflanzt. Höhen-Parameter scheinen nicht ganz klar, Start schon.

Perhaps it helps a bit.
Cheers, Bert.
Zuletzt geändert von bertl am Fr 14. Nov 2014, 12:56, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.
Ich achte nicht auf die Vernunft. Sie empfiehlt immer nur, was ein anderer gern möchte. E. Gaskell (1810-1865)
bertl

Nächste

Zurück zu Create & Objects / Bauen & Objekte