Moving server from Windows to Linux Ubuntu

* Technical issues about Simulators
* Technische Fragen zu Simulatoren

Moving server from Windows to Linux Ubuntu

Beitragvon Impresario » Di 9. Aug 2016, 19:08

Translate to English translate to German Translate to French Translate to Italian Translate to Spanish Translate to Portuguese Translate to Czech Перевести на русский язык 翻译成中国

I've been running the Metropolis server on my Windows PC for some time now and have a lot of builds on the four regions that I created. I've been wanting to move the Metropolis server over to my Ubuntu PC and have successfully installed the software on Ubuntu. I moved the region.ini file from Windows to Ubuntu and am able to start the Metropolis server.

When I log into the new server I see my four regions, which are flat, contiguous areas.

My question is, what other files do I have to move from Windows to Ubuntu in order to recreate the original regions from the Windows server? I've tried to move the OpenSim.db from Windows to Ubuntu and that seems to have affected the terrain, but nothing else.

Can what I'm looking for actually be done? I'd be grateful for any advice!
Impresario

Re: Moving server from Windows to Linux Ubuntu

Beitragvon mmetzmac » Di 9. Aug 2016, 19:52

Translate to English translate to German Translate to French Translate to Italian Translate to Spanish Translate to Portuguese Translate to Czech Перевести на русский язык 翻译成中国

Hi Impresario,

You devenetly must also transfer your existent database (be it mysql or sqlite) to the new environment. Otherwise you will miss your prim data and land parameters.

Greetz
Manny
Manny Emor
mmetzmac

Re: Moving server from Windows to Linux Ubuntu

Beitragvon Impresario » Di 9. Aug 2016, 20:53

Thank you. Yes. I just tried again and my regions were all back. I perhaps didn't wait long enough for everything to transfer before.

I'm happy to have this application on Ubuntu now. It's much more stable than my Windows 10 environment!
Impresario

Zurück zu OpenSim Server