Dahlia Trimble verlässt das Core-Developer-Team

* Technical issues about Simulators
* Technische Fragen zu Simulatoren

Dahlia Trimble verlässt das Core-Developer-Team

Beitragvon Sheera Khan » Sa 5. Sep 2015, 14:02

Translate to English translate to German Translate to French Translate to Italian Translate to Spanish Translate to Portuguese Translate to Czech Перевести на русский язык 翻译成中国

Huhu liebe Metros,

eine weitere traurige Nachricht aus der OpenSimulator Welt: Dahlia Trimble verlässt das Team...

Alles Gute für Deine weiteren Projekte und vielen Dank für Deine Beiträge zu OpenSim...

Ciaoo

Sheera
Sheera Khan

Re: Dahlia Trimble verlässt das Core-Developer-Team

Beitragvon Minethere Always » Sa 5. Sep 2015, 14:39

Translate to English translate to German Translate to French Translate to Italian Translate to Spanish Translate to Portuguese Translate to Czech Перевести на русский язык 翻译成中国

I just saw that.

http://opensim-dev.2196679.n2.nabble.co ... 80550.html

Seems things are shaking up a bit.
My Metro blogspace http://tinyurl.com/nlgvkk3
just another quasi-anonymous ephemeral wanderer...
Minethere Always

Beitragvon Lena Vanilli » Sa 5. Sep 2015, 20:53

Huhu Sheera,

vielen Dank für diese wirklich schlechte Nachricht. Für mich ist Dahlia eine der wenigen "wirklichen" OpenSim-Entwickler mit Visionen und auch dem Können, diese Visionen in Code umzusetzen.

Ich habe mich gerade noch mit einigen ihrer Funktionen beschäftigt. Dahlia hat viele wichtige Grundlagen geschaffen, ohne die besonders im Viewer-Umfeld viele Dinge nicht möglich wären. Ich denke da besonders an den PrimMesher, der z.B. im Radegast verbaut ist. Ich bin aktuell auch dabei die Nutzung des PrimMeshers in einigen webbasierten Metro-Funktionen zu testen.

Wir wünschen Dahlia alles Gute für die Zukunft. Ich bin mir sicher, dass eine Frau mit ihren Talenten für andere IT-Bereiche eine echte Bereicherung sein wird. Und ich wünsche ihr Zufriedenheit, Befriedigung und Erfolg bei ihren neuen Aufgaben. Sie hat es verdient!

Liebe Grüße
Lena (und bestimmt auch für alle anderen Metro-Admins)
Alles wird gut!
Lena Vanilli
Administrator

Beitragvon Eryn Galen » So 6. Sep 2015, 09:46

Da kann ich mich nur anschließen!
Eryn Galen

Beitragvon Lena Vanilli » So 6. Sep 2015, 15:56

Latif Khalifa (Radegast/libopenmetaverse) wrote about Dahlia's leaving:

Dahlia, I'm very sorry to see you leave the project as you were one of
the best liaisons with the libopenmetaverse project we had. I'm more
than little concerned with the direction Opensim project is taking
lately, and your input was invaluable.

Latif was right: We should be concerned about the future of OpenSim. There is noone left with Dahlias visions and skills and there is noone left who could hold the things together like JustinCC.

And there is more: Latif is seriously ill. (I hope, he will win the fight against his deseas! All the best to you, Latif!) And he will not be able to continue his work on libopenmetaverse. Without Latif and Dahlia there is noone left to develop libopenmetaverse.

This is a very serious problem. And then I read on "Hypergrid Business" from some "[censored]" grid-admins, that there is no problem at all and that they will be prepared for the future. I think, they don't know what they are talking about. And Maria is dreaming about masses of new OpenSim-users regarding the new VR-hype. :lol:

... I'm more than little concerned ...

I am with you, Latif!
Lena
Alles wird gut!
Lena Vanilli
Administrator

Beitragvon Minethere Always » So 6. Sep 2015, 17:03

So if the end is coming, must I now go outside???????
Minethere Always

Beitragvon Lena Vanilli » So 6. Sep 2015, 17:16

Don't worry, Miney. Every end is also a beginning. Maybe in an unexpected direction. ;)
Alles wird gut!
Lena Vanilli
Administrator

Beitragvon Shy Robbiani » So 6. Sep 2015, 18:16

My feelings are the same, Lena. Latifs illness went such bad already last year that he was away from the grids and the community for a long time. As a user and developer working with Radegast I've got the feeling that nobody really cares. We all should know how important libopenmetaverse is for Opensim, it's the foundation everything is based on.

Sure, some think there is no reason to worry about since it's open source and Latif mentioned on the Radegast home page last year that everybody is welcome to jump in and continue the work. But who cared? Nobody was ready to take over the burden. It's not only a piece of code that a good coder can pick up, it's a lot of knowledge about protocols and rather complex things like mesh and other topics, most important things that Latif and Dahlia covered and maintained in a professional manner. Thumbs up for the great work they both have silently done throughout the years!

You see, I'm worried too. But who knows, maybe Maria is right, another person will pick-up the unique opportunity and lead everything into a new direction towards Opensim 2.0, a completely new virtual world, based on smartphones, WebGL and broad VR support.

While Maria is worried about the masses who will jump on the bandwagon and taking the grid owners by surprise, I'm not worried at all, because I strongly believe, that at the time that will be the case, most people will own a small box with their own region and inventory near the tv or router at home. And not to forget, Kitely is prepared to take over the rest. :lol: It might sound a little bit sarcastic, but this is at least part of my vision about the future of Opensim.

For now, I whish Dahlia all the best for whatever she will be doing in the future and I whish Latif all the best in his fight against his ugly disease.
Am Ende wird alles gut. Wenn es nicht gut ist, ist es nicht das Ende.
Shy Robbiani

Beitragvon Minethere Always » Mo 7. Sep 2015, 10:14

Lena Vanilli hat geschrieben:Don't worry, Miney. Every end is also a beginning. Maybe in an unexpected direction. ;)

ah, so wise is Lena-))
Minethere Always

Beitragvon Magnuz Binder » Mo 7. Sep 2015, 13:24

Lena Vanilli hat geschrieben:Don't worry, Miney. Every end is also a beginning. Maybe in an unexpected direction. ;)

*starts looking for his old deck of playing cards and wonders how many variants of solitaire he remembers*

And yes, seriously, I'm worried as well about what is happening regarding OpenSimulator future development.
Magnuz Binder

Nächste

Zurück zu OpenSim Server