Updating the testservers

* All about the Test-Grid in Metropolis
* Alles über das Test-Grid in Metropolis

Updating the testservers

Beitragvon Sheera Khan » Sa 7. Sep 2013, 10:41

Translate to English translate to German Translate to French Translate to Italian Translate to Spanish Translate to Portuguese Translate to Czech Перевести на русский язык 翻译成中国

Hi testers,

my morning routine is:
Download the latest testserver from: http://metrotest.hypergrid.org/downloads/MetroTest-Versions/ Beware! The files are ordered alphabetically not cronological. To sort them you can click on the "Date modified" column header.
Unpack it in your directory of choice:
Code: Alles auswählen
unzip ~/Downloads/MetroTest_08874d6_20130907-04\:31\:17.zip

Copy the config files from a previous version to the new one:
cp MetroTest_56f565b_20130902-04\:31\:18/bin/OpenSim.ini MetroTest_08874d6_20130907-04\:31\:17/bin/
cp MetroTest_56f565b_20130902-04\:31\:18/bin/config-include/GridCommon.ini MetroTest_08874d6_20130907-04\:31\:17/bin/config-include/
cp MetroTest_56f565b_20130902-04\:31\:18/bin/Regions/Regions.ini MetroTest_08874d6_20130907-04\:31\:17/bin/Regions/

Now I can fire up the testserver - and the coffee machine of course ;-)

Happy testing

Edit: added a sentence about cronological sort order
Sheera Khan

Re: Updating the testservers

Beitragvon Zak Spot » So 8. Sep 2013, 14:20

Translate to English translate to German Translate to French Translate to Italian Translate to Spanish Translate to Portuguese Translate to Czech Перевести на русский язык 翻译成中国

Hi Sheera,

to make this process easier i've added as you suggested a softlink to the latest build its called "metrotest-nightly-latest.zip" you can use this instead of the full version name. I take a look at the sort order should be sorted in cronological order soon.

Greetings
Zak
"Metropolis machts möglich." - sloganizer.net
Zak Spot

Beitragvon Sheera Khan » So 8. Sep 2013, 15:30

Thank you very much, this will make the process much easier and more failproof :-)
Sheera Khan

Beitragvon savino » Mo 9. Sep 2013, 23:26

hmm i have see this morning. allone windows server2008 seems it not like. and see it as a blank folder .weard whatever...

"metrotest-nightly-latest.zip >>>>ok fine she works as i she port to unix server. trouble windows or trouble Git who go it say...
i hope tomorow a better update in wind hoos....
a idea give a port to gzip so can unix people download it to the console of Xterm not all people have a graphical Desktop...
hugs
savino
savino

Beitragvon Sheera Khan » Di 10. Sep 2013, 00:32

Huhu Savino,

I don't use the GUI on my Linux server either. I wrote a quick and dirty script to save me some typos and to get to my coffee earlier ;-)

#!/bin/sh

cd ~/MetroTest/Downloads                              # where the downloaded version will be
rm metrotest*                                         # delete former downloaded versions
wget http://metrotest.hypergrid.org/downloads/MetroTest-Versions/metrotest-nightly-latest.zip
cd ..                       
unzip Downloads/metrotest-nightly-latest.zip          # unpack the archive
cp -r config/* `ls -td Me* | head -n 1`/bin           # copy the configuration files  from my stash into the newest OS directory
cd `ls -td Me* | head -n 1`/bin                       # change into that directory and start the simulator
export LANG=C
/usr/bin/mono OpenSim.exe -console=basic

I know it is ugly but it works. My directory structure looks like this:

├── config                                # a copy of edited configuration files
├── Downloads                             # the downloded zip-archive
├── MetroTest_08874d6_20130907-04:31:17   # here be dragons ...
├── MetroTest_56f565b_20130831-04:31:20
├── MetroTest_56f565b_20130901-04:33:45
├── MetroTest_56f565b_20130902-04:31:18
└── MetroTest_a97f6f8_20130909-04:31:23
Sheera Khan

Beitragvon bertl » Di 10. Sep 2013, 07:31

not so dirty sheera, nice little bash/sh snippets :)
funny how people use different styles, I am used to "ls -rt | tail -1" ;)
I should think about why I not so much like heads ... :D
Ich achte nicht auf die Vernunft. Sie empfiehlt immer nur, was ein anderer gern möchte. E. Gaskell (1810-1865)
bertl

Beitragvon Sheera Khan » Di 10. Sep 2013, 08:34

Hi Bertl,

the outcome would be the same, and matter of fact I did indeed start with "ls -rtd | tail -n 1" (POSIX compatibility). But that would be some kind of a double negation: sort in reverse order and take the last line. I don't know if that would make any difference in processing but I switched to the standard descending sort order and then taking the first line. This little script doesn't really satisfy my low standards of coding quality as there are too many points of potential failure. But I wrote it while waiting for the coffee machine to do it's work ;-) I wouldn't have published it if it weren't for the question on how to update your server using the CLI.

In any case I hope Savino can use some of the lines to solve his problem ;-)
Sheera Khan

Beitragvon Minethere Always » Di 10. Sep 2013, 12:14

Savino has problems????

EDLIN C:\AUTOEXEC.BAT

1: @echo off
2: cls
3: prompt $p$g
4: path=c:\dos

That should fix things-))))
My Metro blogspace http://tinyurl.com/nlgvkk3
just another quasi-anonymous ephemeral wanderer...
Minethere Always

Beitragvon savino » Di 10. Sep 2013, 12:35

urg miney we talk unix not Dos related things

yes i have say on google + yesterday unix have sure for 9000 pre commandos

people take some shell's Xterm Bash and related versions

some work on Desktop and others works with a shell

i think you it like miney

you go in CMD

and you go in you folder where sit you bin/OpenSim.exe

you can easy create a color forground backgroud for you console

color 5,1 as example
and start you OpenSim.exe
and you have nice colors in you simulator
try it it is nice
hugs
savino

my problem is fixed thanks for suport..
savino

Beitragvon savino » Di 10. Sep 2013, 12:50

Minethere Always hat geschrieben:Savino has problems????

EDLIN C:\AUTOEXEC.BAT

1: @echo off
2: cls
3: prompt $p$g
4: path=c:\dos

That should fix things-))))

old old old old old
i see this error
File Creation Error

hihihihihi
learn you dos
argggggggg miney so old is my server not.
you give real real old old codes

attrib cd chdir copy del deltree dir erase expand fdisk format makecab md mkdir mklink mountvol move ntbackup rd ren rename rmdir robocopy sfc sys type wbadmin xcopy

hihihihi miney miney miney

nice for you
c:/format c:/Q errase you computer and reinstal dos 6.1 and play tetris...
hihihihihi

C: \ Users >>>>> this are you
>> Not expected at this time.
argggg stupido dos
Zuletzt geändert von savino am Di 10. Sep 2013, 13:12, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.
savino

Nächste

Zurück zu MetroTest