MetroTest - Metropolis Testgrid (OpenSimulator)

* All about the Test-Grid in Metropolis
* Alles über das Test-Grid in Metropolis

Re: MetroTest - Metropolis Testgrid (OpenSimulator)

Beitragvon Minethere Always » Mi 9. Okt 2013, 23:12

Translate to English translate to German Translate to French Translate to Italian Translate to Spanish Translate to Portuguese Translate to Czech Перевести на русский язык 翻译成中国

everytime I see "intercontinental" I have to do a double-take 'cause I think you're saying "Incontinence"

[probably has to do with my age....or something, or other] back to your regularly scheduled programming-))
My Metro blogspace http://tinyurl.com/nlgvkk3
just another quasi-anonymous ephemeral wanderer...
Minethere Always

Beitragvon Dings Digital » Mi 9. Okt 2013, 23:23

Translate to English translate to German Translate to French Translate to Italian Translate to Spanish Translate to Portuguese Translate to Czech Перевести на русский язык 翻译成中国

yeah, it sounds like a name from a Monty Python movie :)
Dings Digital

Beitragvon Minethere Always » Mi 9. Okt 2013, 23:35

-))
Minethere Always

Beitragvon Zak Spot » Do 10. Okt 2013, 12:34

Let's call it "oversea". :)
"Metropolis machts möglich." - sloganizer.net
Zak Spot

Beitragvon Minethere Always » Do 10. Okt 2013, 13:31

Zak Spot hat geschrieben:Let's call it "oversea". :)

lol
Minethere Always

Beitragvon Dings Digital » Do 10. Okt 2013, 13:34

We are just kidding, Zak. Though I have often seen "incontinence" in computer technology. And great science fiction writers like Douglas Adams or Stanislaw Lem remind us even of incompetence in technology. :lol:
Dings Digital

Beitragvon Lena Vanilli » Do 10. Okt 2013, 14:10

Huuuuu, sometimes I have this terrible disease: verbal incontinence! :D
Alles wird gut!
Lena Vanilli
Administrator

Beitragvon Minethere Always » Do 10. Okt 2013, 14:24

Minethere Always

Beitragvon Shy Robbiani » Fr 11. Okt 2013, 09:16

I'm confused :? What does the following mean?
Arielle hat geschrieben:Finally sorted out why I could not access my test region. I kept thinking it was my new router causing issues but finally in desperation I put my actual externalhostname= my.dyndns.org instead of the SYSTEMIP and everything works :)
Zak Spot hat geschrieben:Hi Ari,

yes thats right it is the original Git version without modifications. Altered versions will be placed in another DL folder. Im curious how the inventory will behave for you. If its not really better i'll add the international patch to mantis.

Greetings
Zak
Are the binaries in metrotest.hypergrid.org/downloads/MetroTest-Versions/metro-hightly-latest.zip not the same as those created from the sources found in metrotest.hypergrid.org/downloads/Source/metro-hightly-latest.zip?

If so, then next question: where are the changes and/or why are they hidden? Is there any access to the Metropolis dev repos?
Am Ende wird alles gut. Wenn es nicht gut ist, ist es nicht das Ende.
Shy Robbiani

Beitragvon Sheera Khan » Fr 11. Okt 2013, 10:01

If my memory serves me right there once was a special edition available for users from oversea (as we now call it). That version was configured differently and my guess would be it uses a proxy server for the gridservices and inventory which is netwise located somewhere in america thus cutting on the ping times and latency. If there are actually differences in the source code I don't know - but Zak can tell for sure ;-)
Sheera Khan

VorherigeNächste

Zurück zu MetroTest