MetroTest - Metropolis Testgrid (OpenSimulator)

* All about the Test-Grid in Metropolis
* Alles über das Test-Grid in Metropolis

Re: MetroTest - Metropolis Testgrid (OpenSimulator)

Beitragvon savino » Di 3. Sep 2013, 11:56

Translate to English translate to German Translate to French Translate to Italian Translate to Spanish Translate to Portuguese Translate to Czech Перевести на русский язык 翻译成中国

yep i see minethere happy now not more stressed...

hugs
savino
savino

Beitragvon Minethere Always » Mo 9. Sep 2013, 12:57

Translate to English translate to German Translate to French Translate to Italian Translate to Spanish Translate to Portuguese Translate to Czech Перевести на русский язык 翻译成中国

I may need to try for 1 million, I am getting stressed again-))
My Metro blogspace http://tinyurl.com/nlgvkk3
just another quasi-anonymous ephemeral wanderer...
Minethere Always

Beitragvon Shelenn » Mo 9. Sep 2013, 19:25

Ok folks, I signed up but it will be a while until I have time to add a region. :twisted:
Shelenn

Beitragvon Arielle » So 15. Sep 2013, 21:37

Finally sorted out why I could not access my test region. I kept thinking it was my new router causing issues but finally in desperation I put my actual externalhostname= my.dyndns.org instead of the SYSTEMIP and everything works :)
Arielle

Beitragvon Zak Spot » Mo 16. Sep 2013, 19:32

Hi Ari,

yes thats right it is the original Git version without modifications. Altered versions will be placed in another DL folder. Im curious how the inventory will behave for you. If its not really better i'll add the international patch to mantis.

Greetings
Zak
"Metropolis machts möglich." - sloganizer.net
Zak Spot

Beitragvon Arielle » So 29. Sep 2013, 03:34

Had some time today to upload a small iar and then test the inventory loading using newest release.

On a test region hosted on my local network, the 2500 item inventory took about 15 minutes to load. (Bandwidth= 2MB down .6MB up)
On a test region hosted in the UK, 2500 items took about 5 minutes to load. (Bandwidth= 6MB Down .8MB up)
On the *Metropolis* region in the test grid, it took less then a minute.

I put up a test region on Osgrid with their latest release for comparison sake and loaded an 8500 item inventory there in about 6 minutes.

My location is just outside Toronto Canada
Arielle

Beitragvon Zak Spot » So 29. Sep 2013, 18:08

Okay great :) thanks for the info. I'll prepare the intercontinental patch and post a link to a modified head version. If its working with that version we have the solution ready for Mantis upload.
Zak Spot

Beitragvon Zak Spot » Mo 30. Sep 2013, 14:09

BTW: You can see here one of our targets for the future of decentralization. When the assets are not in centralized stores like we have them today you would have always and anywhere the download rate of the MetroTest Startregion. We will push this in the next months/years.
Zak Spot

Beitragvon Arielle » Di 1. Okt 2013, 04:11

I would like to see something of that nature. I tried out the decentralized grid setup of http://www.speculoos.co.uk/en/lab/decentralized-grid a couple years ago and thought it interesting. Also heard it mentioned at one time that Adam Frisby was thinking of something like using squid proxy to handle assets locally which seemed like a neat idea though I never did try that out.
Arielle

Beitragvon Shy Robbiani » Mi 9. Okt 2013, 18:03

I totally agree with the idea of decentralization. And good to see Metro is doing something and understands the intercontinental problem.
Am Ende wird alles gut. Wenn es nicht gut ist, ist es nicht das Ende.
Shy Robbiani

VorherigeNächste

Zurück zu MetroTest